The great Dinah Sanders does an annual blog post with her election picks, which is incredibly useful for navigating California’s referendum system. In this vein, here is a list of the philanthropies and charities where we donated this December 31st:
- Organization for Black Struggle (25%), an old-school post-Black Power organization addressing the asshattery in Ferguson, MO. Open Society Foundations just gave them a lot of money to run with.
- Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment (10%), a new-school group addressing the asshattery in Ferguson, MO. Open Society Foundations just gave them a lot of money to run with.
- California State Parks Foundation (10%), to protect some of the most beautiful places on Earth.
- Doctors Without Borders (25%), big and famous for a reason, dealing with Ebola well.
- OneVoice International (15%), supporting a two-state solution in Israel, smartly.
- Girls Who Code (15%), young girls need to see serious, non-feminized (“softened”) science as an awesome career.